Hotel Poori Masala Recipe
Potatoes are low calorie (Medium sized baked potatoes containing only 110 calories) and are good source in Vitamin C which is very good for our health. Tomato is one of the low-calorie vegetable and they have Zero cholesterol level. This Hotel Poori Masala Recipe is very simple and delicious, Kids will love it for sure.
As we are using baked potatoes in this dish causes lowest amount of nutrients to be lost.
Aloo/Potato – 4 nos.
Big onion – 3 nos. (Medium sized)
Tomato – 2 nos. (Medium sized)
Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 2 nos.
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – Handful
Coriander leaves – few
Green chili – 2 nos.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Oil – for fry
Salt – to taste
Water – 3 cups
Roasted Gram dal powder- 1 tbsp
Rice flour – 1 tsp (Optional)
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Boil the potatoes for 4-5 whistles.
- Crush the fennel seeds in mortar and pezzle.
- Crush the cinnamon, cloves in mortar and pezzle.
- Chop the Onion lengthwise. Chop the tomatoes. Slit the green chilies into half.
- Pre-heat the oil in a pan, add crushed fennel seeds, cinnamon & cloves one by one, fry it in simmer.
- Afterwards add Ginger-garlic paste sauté for a minute.
- Now add Chopped onion, Curry leaves and green chili fry till it becomes slightly golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes become tender.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan add boiled potatoes and mash it and add water.
- Now add powders (Roasted Gram dal powder, Rice flour, Corn flour) in the mashed potatoes and mix it well.
- After the tomato gets cooked, pour this potato mixture into it.
- Add the turmeric powder & salt and bring this mixture into boil.
- When the curry becomes slightly thick, switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Poori.
No. of servings: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Increase or decrease the spice content according to your taste.
- For Roasted gram dal powder, just dry grind roasted gram dal in blender. We can store this for a week.